The Waiver/Enrollment period for the 2018-2019 policy year Spring Semester is open from December 15, 2018 to January 15, 2019. Waiver requests will not be accepted after the January 15, 2019 deadline.
New York Medical College requires students to maintain active health insurance. All eligible students are automatically enrolled in and charged for the Student Health Insurance Plan each year. If you have another insurance plan and would like to waive the New York Medical College - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan, a waiver request must be submitted by the deadline for your program. Please see Waiver Process below.You must submit a copy of your Health Insurance ID card with your waiver submission.
Description of The 2018-2019 NYMC Student Health Insurance Program
The 2018-2019 NYMC Sponsored Health Insurance Plan is a Preferred Provider Plan that has been designed specifically for NYMC students and is underwritten by United Healthcare Student Resources. With an emphasis on wellness, the plan is designed to provide full coverage for medical care including annual routine physicals and immunizations.
The 2018-2019 NYMC student health insurance plan design is a PPO plan, with in-network and out-of-network benefits, it is an ACA compliant Platinum level plan. To view the 2018-2019 Summary of Benefits click here
Enrollment Process For The 2018-2019 Academic Year
All students are automatically enrolled in the NYMC - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and the premium charge is added to the student billing unless a waiver request is submitted and approved. Enrollment and the insurance charge can be waived if proof of other acceptable health insurance is provided by submitting an online waiver. For continuing students who are currently enrolled and would like to continue enrollment in the NYMC Student Plan for the 2018-2019 policy year, You DO NOT need to submit an enrollment request.
- To expedite enrollment in the NYMC Sponsored Student Health Plan, please follow "Enroll" tab at the top of this page.
- You will automatically be enrolled in the NYMC student health plan after the waiver period ends.
- Students who lose coverage midterm are required to submit an enrollment request within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage for enrollment in the NYMC - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan. Please follow the "Enroll" tab at the top of this page and submit your request with proof of loss of prior coverage which can be attached to your electronic enrollment.
|All Children Coverage*||$9,972.00|
* If you are an incoming student, your premium will be based on your effective date and prorated for the Fall Semester
Waiver Process For the 2018-2019 Academic Year
Maintaining health insurance coverage is mandatory for all full-time NYMC students and all students MUST be covered by a domestic health insurance plan. All students are required to enroll in the NYMC - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan unless an acceptable Waiver is provided in a timely manner. The acceptable coverage to waive the NYMC - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan must have comprehensive coverage throughout the United States. Your plan must have a provider network for primary care, specialty, hospital and diagnostics care in New York or in states where students are designated for rotations. HMO plans only qualify for the state in which you are residing, in New York you must have an New York HMO. Plans that qualify to waive the NYMC student insurance plan are:
- Parent's Employer Group plan
- Spouse's Employer Group plan
- Partner's Employer Group Plan
- Military/Veterans Benefits - Tricare
- New York Medicaid - Student must live in New York the entire academic year
Individual health plans are acceptable by exception and will only be considered with a minimum of the following benefits:
- Must be Metallic Tier Level Silver or higher
- Deductible Maximum of $1,000 per Individual
- Unlimited Lifetime Benefits
- Coverage must be in force for the entire school term
If you have active domestic health insurance with benefits which meet the criteria above you may apply for waiver of enrollment in the NYMC student health plan. You will need to have your current insurance ID card and information regarding your plan benefits to complete the process. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email verifying if your waiver meets the NYMC requirements. If you are a continuing student and have a waiver approved for the 2017-2018 policy year, you DO NOT need to submit a waiver for the 2018-2019 Policy year, unless your coverage information has changed. The insurance coverage information that is on file for you will be re-verified. If your coverage is found to be inactive or out of compliance you will receive notice from HSAC.
Waivers will be accepted on the following dates:
- You must submit a copy of your Health Insurance ID card with your waiver submission.
- Please be aware that waivers will not be accepted after the posted deadline and any student who has not submitted a waiver request by the waiver deadline will be enrolled in and charged for the NYMC student health plan.
To Waive the NYMC Plan: Select the waiver request by following the "Waive" tab at the top of this website page.
2017-2018 NYMC Student Health Insurance Plan - UHCSR Student Health Summary of Benefits and Costs
Policy Plan Year 07/01/2017 - 06/30/2018
All students will be charged for student only coverage in the NYMC Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan at the start of the academic year. The charge to the student's account will be removed if an approved waiver is granted.
|Plan Rates 2017-2018||Annual|
|2 or more Children||
For a detailed summary of benefits please click on the following attachments.
To maximize your benefits you may refer to the following links to locate in network participating providers. For a general provider or facility search within the UHCSR Health network you may access uhcsr.com. If you do not have your ID number available you will identify your plan type as PPO.
Questions and Contact Information
The Servicing Administrator for the NYMC - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is HSA Consulting, Inc. (HSAC).
- For questions related to waiver requests, eligibility, enrollment, benefits or claims please contact: HSAC at (888) 978-8355, and identify yourself as a NYMC student.
- For specific questions related to waiver denials please contact Rose Brown or Karin Swanson with HSAC at (888) 978-8355 or firstname.lastname@example.org