The ICOM Student Insurance plan for the 2019-2020 academic year is still pending state approval from the State of Idaho. Once approval is received you wil be notified when the Waiver/Enrollment period for the 2019-2020 policy year will open.
No one plans to get sick or injured. Should the unexpected happen, the cost of treatment can quickly add up. Having health insurance coverage is important to help protect you from these unanticipated costs and keep you focused on your education. For this purpose, Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine(ICOM) has established the ICOM sponsored Student Health Insurance plan for the 2018-2019 academic year.
All ICOM students are required to maintain active continuous health insurance coverage. To ensure that health insurance coverage requirements are met, all students are automatically assessed the Fall 2018 premium for the student health insurance plan upon registration for the Fall. This Fall 2018 premium charge will only be reversed upon receipt of an acceptable waiver by the posted waiver deadline.
If an acceptable waiver is not received by the posted waiver deadline, your enrollment in the student health insurance plan will be finalized, you will no longer be eligible for a refund of the Fall 2018 premium, and your student account will automatically be assessed the applicable Spring 2019 premium during registration for the Spring 2019 term.
If you have another insurance plan and would like to waive the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan, a waiver form and a copy of the front and back of your Health Insurance ID card must be submitted. Please see Waiver Process below.
DESCRIPTION OF ICOM STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM
The ICOM Sponsored Health Insurance Plan is a Preferred Provider Plan that has been designed specifically for ICOM students and their dependents (spouse, domestic partner, and/or children). For the 2018-2019 Policy Year the ICOM Student Insurance Plan is underwritten by United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR). With an emphasis on wellness, the plan is designed to provide full coverage for medical care including annual routine physicals, well child care and immunizations.
ICOM STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN - UNITED HEALTHCARE STUDENT RESOURCES SUMMARY OF PLAN BENEFITS AND COSTS 2018-2019
(POLICY PLAN YEAR AUGUST 1, 2018 - JULY 31, 2019)
ICOM STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN PREMIUM
|Program||Coverage Start Date||Coverage End Date||Annual Premium||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
ICOM STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN SUMMARY OF BENEFITS*
|Deductible Preferred Provider/Deductible Out-of-Network||
|Co-Insurance||80% – Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), 60% – Non-PPO|
|Out of Pocket Maximum Individual/Family||$7,150 (PPO), $14,300 (Non-PPO)|
|Office Visit||$30 Copayment, 80% (PPO), 60% (Non-PPO)|
|Urgent Care Visit||$50 Copayment, 80% (PPO), 60% (Non-PPO)|
|Emergency Room Visit||$150 Copayment (Waived if Admitted), 80% (PPO), 60% (PPO)|
* To view the BCOM Student Insurance Plan Summary of Benefits for the 2018-2019 Policy Year please click here
All students are required to enroll in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan unless a waiver is submitted and approved. Enrollment and the insurance charge can be waived if proof of other health insurance is provided by submitting an online waiver.
- To enroll in the ICOM Sponsored Student Health Plan, please click here.
- Students who lose coverage midterm are required to submit an online enrollment request within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage for enrollment in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and submit proof of loss of prior coverage to HSAC at (941)925-2001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintaining health insurance coverage is mandatory for all full-time ICOM students and all students MUST be covered by a domestic health insurance plan. All students are required to enroll in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan unless an acceptable Waiver is provided by the designated deadline. The acceptable coverage to waive the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is a parent's employer group plan, a spouse's employer group plan, Idaho Medicaid (1st and 2nd year students only), VA Benefits or COBRA. Individual Plans will be accepted for the 2018-2019 Policy year as long as they meet additional waiver requirements (see below). Individual plans will be verified on a quarterly basis.
If you have active health insurance which will meet all the requirements listed below you may apply for waiver of enrollment in the ICOM plan. You will need to have your current insurance ID card and information regarding your plan benefits to complete the process. A copy of the front and back of your Health Insurance ID card must be submitted with your waiver request. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email verifying if your waiver has been approved. Waivers will be accepted until July 31, 2018 for the 2018-2019 Policy Year. Please be aware that you will be automatically enrolled in the health insurance plan and the health insurance charge will remain on your account if a waiver request is not completed and approved. The Waiver enrollment period for the 2018-2019 policy year Spring Semester is open from January 15, 2019 to February 15, 2019. Waiver requests will not be accepted after the February 15, 2019 deadline.
Minimum level of coverage acceptable to waive the ICOM- Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Adequate major medical coverage of at least $1,000,000 / policy year
- Prescription coverage
- A provider network in the Meridian, Idaho area for primary care, specialty, hospital and diagnostic care. For 3rd and 4th year students on rotation the provider network must include states in which you may rotate, emergency only coverage is not acceptable
- Mental health coverage
- Coverage for the entire academic year, including summer and holidays
- Coverage for annual exam
Individual Plans (plans purchased through the marketplace, not an employer group, whether for an individual or family):
- Deductible MUST NOT be more than $2,500 annually, NO Exceptions
Waive ICOM Plan: You may access the student health insurance link to waive enrollment in the ICOM- Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan by clicking here
- Students enrolling for coverage in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan may also enroll their eligible dependents. An eligible dependent is a spouse (or domestic partner) and/or any child(ren) under the age of 26. Students must also enroll their dependents for coverage within 30 days of their initial eligibility.
- If a student's dependents have coverage that ends during the academic year, the dependents may be enrolled in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan provided the request for enrollment is submitted within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage.
- Additionally, if a student acquires dependents during the academic year as a result of marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption, they may enroll their new dependents provided the request for enrollment is made within 30 days after the marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption.
For enrollment requests at times other than open enrollment please contact HSAC for assistance at (888) 978-8355.
For ICOM Students in need of Travel Insurance, we partner with Seven Corners Insurance.
To compare and purchase a travel medical plan please follow the link below to review and choose your plan. You may want to review the options for “Travel Medical” and “For a Student Traveling”. You may want to confirm with your program if there is a requirement regarding the minimum level of coverage as this system will allow you to choose different benefit levels as well as different deductibles.
To purchase coverage you will need a credit card and information from your passport.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
The Servicing Administrator for the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is HSA Consulting, Inc. (HSAC).
- For questions related to waiver requests, eligibility, enrollment, benefits or claims please contact: HSAC at (888) 978-8355, and identify yourself as an ICOM student.
- For specific questions related to waiver denials please contact Karin Swanson with HSAC at (888) 978-8355 or email@example.com