ICOM Student Health Insurance Plan General Information
No one plans to get sick or injured. Should the unexpected happen, the cost of treatment can quickly add up. Having health insurance coverage is important to help protect you from these unanticipated costs and keep you focused on your education. For this purpose, Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine(ICOM) offers the ICOM-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2021/2022 academic year.
All ICOM students are required to maintain active continuous health insurance coverage, including summers and holidays. To ensure that health insurance coverage requirements are met, all students are automatically assessed the Fall 2021 premium for the student health insurance plan upon registration for the Fall. This Fall 2021 premium charge will only be reversed upon receipt of an acceptable waiver by the posted waiver deadline.
If an acceptable waiver is not received by the posted waiver deadline, ICOM will finalize your enrollment in the student health insurance plan, you will no longer be eligible for a refund of the Fall 2021 premium, and your student account will automatically be assessed the applicable Spring 2022 premium during registration for the Spring 2022 term.
If you have another insurance plan and would like to waive the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan, a waiver form and a copy of the front and back of your Health Insurance ID card must be submitted. Please see Waiver Process below.
All students must enroll in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan unless a waiver is submitted and approved. You can waive enrollment and the insurance charge if proof of other health insurance is provided by submitting an online waiver and your waiver is approved.
- To enroll in the ICOM Sponsored Student Health Plan, please click here.
- Students who lose coverage midterm are required to submit an online enrollment request within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage for enrollment in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and submit proof of loss of prior coverage to HSAC at (941)925-2001 or email@example.com.
If you have active health insurance with benefits that meets all the criteria listed in the Waiver section, you may apply for a waiver of enrollment in the ICOM Student Health Insurance plan. You will need to have your current insurance ID card and information regarding your plan benefits to complete the process. A copy of the front and back of your Health Insurance ID card must be submitted with your request. Once you have submitted the required information, you will receive an email verifying if your waiver meets the ICOM waiver requirements in 3-5 business days. ICOM will not accept waivers past the required deadline. Please submit your waiver through the "Waiver" tab at the top of this page.
- Students enrolling for coverage in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan may also enroll their eligible dependents. An eligible dependent is a spouse (or domestic partner) and/or any child(ren) under 26. Students must also enroll their dependents for coverage within 30 days of their initial eligibility.
- If a student's dependents have coverage that ends during the academic year, you may enroll the dependents in the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan provided the enrollment request is submitted within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage.
- Additionally, if a student acquires dependents during the academic year due to marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption, they may enroll their new dependents provided the enrollment request is made within 30 days after the marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption.
For enrollment requests other than open enrollment, please contact HSAC for assistance at (888) 978-8355.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
The Servicing Administrator for the ICOM - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is HSA Consulting, Inc. (HSAC).
- For questions related to waiver requests, eligibility, enrollment, benefits, or claims, please contact: Wendy Chase with HSAC at (888) 978-8355, and identify yourself as an ICOM student.
- For specific questions related to waiver denials, please contact Rose Mangan with HSAC at (888) 978-8355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.