All degree-seeking students are required to have continuous health insurance. If you have another insurance plan and would like to waive the Ringling College of Art & Design (RCAD) - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan, a waiver must be submitted. Please see Waiver Process.
Description of Student Health Insurance Program
The RCAD Sponsored Health Insurance Plan is a Preferred Provider Plan (PPO) that has been designed specifically for RCAD students and their dependents (spouse, domestic partner, and/or children) and is underwritten by United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR). With an emphasis on wellness, the plan is designed to provide full coverage for medical care including annual routine physicals, well child care and immunizations.
Health Insurance Plan - United Healthcare Student Resources Summary of Plan Benefits and Costs - 2016-2017
(policy plan year August 1 - July 31, 2017)
Upon matriculation, all new Domestic degree-seeking students will be required to either enroll in the RCAD Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan or submit proof of acceptable other health insurance. Student's enrolling in the Sponsored Health Plan will be responsible for submitting the premium payment directly to HSA Consulting, Inc.
Upon matriculation, all new International degree-seeking students will be charged for student only coverage in the RCAD Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan prior to the start of their first semester at Ringling. The charge to the student's account will be removed if an approved waiver is granted.
|Plan Rates 2016-2017||Annual|
For a summary of benefits please click on the following attachments. The full plan brochure can be found under the documents tab if you are seeking more detailed information.
The RCAD health plan is a PPO plan which allows for benefits when utilizing either in network or out of network providers.
To maximize your benefits you may refer to the following links to locate in network participating providers. For a provider or facility search you may access United Healthcare . If you do not have your ID number available you will identify your plan type as PPO.
For a list of participating Urgent Care facilities in the Sarasota area please click on the following attachment.
For a list of participating Hospitals in the Sarasota area please click on the following attachment.
For a list of participating Laboratories in the Sarasota area please click on the following attachment.
For a list of participating x-ray/radiology facilities in the Sarasota area please click on the following attachment.
Please be aware that the above lists represent a portion of the UHC network within a 10 mile radius of RCAD and other providers are available. The network is subject to change therefore please refer to the UHC website or member services to confirm provider participation.
Medical Repatriation - Assist America
The RCAD sponsored health plan includes a Medical Repatriation benefit. The plan is underwritten by Assist America and provides a variety of benefits such as Emergency Evacuation, Travel Assistance, Legal Assistance and Baggage Assistance if you are more than 100 miles from home.
Maintaining health insurance coverage is mandatory for all degree-seeking RCAD students. All students are required to enroll in the RCAD - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan unless an acceptable Waiver is provided in a timely manner.
If you have active health insurance with benefits which meet the criteria below you may apply for waiver of enrollment in the RCAD. You will need to have your current insurance ID card and information regarding your plan benefits to complete the process. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email verifying if your waiver meets the RCAD requirements. Waivers must be submitted no later than September 15. Please be aware that you may be enrolled and charged for health insurance if a waiver request is not completed and approved. Waiver requests will not be accepted after September 15.
Minimum level of coverage acceptable to waive the RCAD - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Medical coverage with a deductible of no more than $6,850 / policy year
- Prescription coverage
- A provider network in the Sarasota area for specialty, hospital and diagnostic care
- Mental health coverage
- Coverage for the entire academic year, including summer and holidays
- Coverage for Repatriation for critical care or remains
Waive RCAD: You may submit your waiver request by clicking the "WAIVER" tab at the top of this page. If you are having difficulty with the online waiver process please contact HSAC at 888-978-8355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students are required to maintain continuous health insurance coverage with comprehensive benefits in the Sarasota, Florida area. For coverage with teh RCAD Sponsored Student Health Plan for the 2016-2017 academic year all domestic students must submit an enrollment request and will then be billed directly for coverage. Enrollment in the student health plan will not be processed until payment is received.
- You can submit your enrollment request by clicking the "ENROLL" tab at the top of this page
- Students who lose coverage midterm are required to submit an online enrollment request within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage for enrollment in the RCAD - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and submit the request with proof of loss of prior coverage to by uploading documentaion to the web portal when submitting the enrollment request.
- Students enrolling for coverage in the RCAD - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan may also enroll their eligible dependents. An eligible dependent is a spouse (or domestic partner) and/or any child(ren) under the age of 26. Students must also enroll their dependents for coverage within 30 days of their initial eligibility.
- If a student's dependents have coverage that ends during the academic year, the dependents may be enrolled in the RCAD - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan provided the request for enrollment is submitted within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage.
- Additionally, if a student acquires dependents during the academic year as a result of marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption, they may enroll their new dependents provided the request for enrollment is made within 30 days after the marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption.
- RCAD does not bill for dependent enrollment. If enrolling a dependent please contact HSAC at (888)978-8355 for payment arrangements. Please be aware that dependent enrollment requests will not be processed until payment has been received.
For enrollment requests at times other then open enrollment please contact HSAC for assistance at (888) 978-8355.
Questions and Contact Information
The Servicing Administrator for the RCAD - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is HSA Consulting, Inc. (HSAC).
- For questions related to waiver requests, eligibility, enrollment, benefits or claims please contact: HSAC at (888) 978-8355, and identify yourself as a RCAD student.
- For specific questions related to waiver denials please contact Daryl Hall with HSAC at (888) 978-8355 or email@example.com