DMU Student Health Insurance Policy
DMU requires students in the DO, DPM, DPT, PA, MSA and MSBS programs to provide proof of active comprehensive health insurance. All students must enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan or submit a waiver request. Only those students who meet the waiver requirements will be allowed to waive the plan. All policies, requirements and deadlines are set forth by DMU.
If you do not enroll or waive by the deadline, you will automatically be enrolled and billed for the Aetna Student Health Insurance to your DMU student account.
The following link is the presentation HSAC gave while on campus: HSAC presentation.
Please contact HSAC at email@example.com or 888-978-8355 for any questions.
DMU Student Assistance Program
Des Moines University offers a 24 hour/365 day Student Assistance Program through Aetna Student Health. For more details about this program or how to access care please follow this link directly to the DMU SAP Program
All students are automatically enrolled in the DMU - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and the premium charge is added to your DMU student account unless a waiver request is submitted and approved. Enrollment and the insurance charge can be waived if proof of other acceptable health insurance is provided by submitting an online waiver. The DMU Student Insurance Plan is an annual enrollment policy, once enrolled you will remain enrollled for the entire policy term.
- To expedite enrollment in the DMU Sponsored Student Health Plan, please follow "Enroll" tab at the top of this page.
- If you do not take any action. You will automatically be enrolled in the DMU student health plan after the waiver period ends.
- Students who lose coverage midterm are required to submit an enrollment request within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage for enrollment in the DMU - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan. Please follow the "Enroll" tab at the top of this page and submit your request with proof of loss of prior coverage which can be attached to your electronic enrollment.
- The student plan is an annual enrollment policy. Once you are enrolled in the student plan for an Academic year you may not terminate early or waive coverage.
If you would like to review the 2020/2021 DMU Student Insurance Plan Summary of Benefits please click here.
Waiver Process for 2020/2021 Policy Year
Waivers will be accepted on the following dates for the 2020/2021 Policy Year
- Continuing Students from April 26 - June 15, 2020
- Incoming PA Students from April 15 - May 15, 2020
- Incoming 2020 /2021 Students from June 1 - July 17, 2020
Please be aware that waivers will not be accepted after the posted deadline and any student who has not submitted a waiver request by the waiver deadline will be enrolled in and charged for the DMU student health plan.
If you have active domestic health insurance with benefits which meet the criteria above you may apply for waiver of enrollment in the DMU student health plan. You will need to have your current insurance ID card and information regarding your plan benefits to complete the process. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email verifying if your waiver meets the DMU requirements.
If you would like to submit a request to waive DMU Plan: You may submit your waiver request by following the "Waive" tab at the top of this website page. You must submit a copy of your Health Insurance ID card with your waiver request.
OBTAINING YOUR 1095-B FORM FOR 2020-2021
Questions and Contact Information
The Servicing Administrator for the DMU - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is HSA Consulting, Inc. (HSAC).
- For questions related to waiver requests, eligibility, enrollment, benefits or claims please contact Apryl Cowher with HSAC at (888) 978-8355, and identify yourself as a DMU student.
- For specific questions related to waiver denials please contact Rose Mangan with HSAC at (888) 978-8355 or firstname.lastname@example.org