Albany Law School - Student Insurance Program
All full-time (enrolled for 9 or more credits) law students are automatically enrolled in and charged for the Student Health Insurance Plan each year. If you have another insurance plan and would like to waive the Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan, a waiver form must be submitted no later than August 23rd. Please see Waiver Process.
Part-time students are not required to enroll in the Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan but are eligible for voluntary enrollment. Please see Enrollment Process.
Description of Student Health Insurance Program
The Albany Law School-Sponsored Health Insurance Plan is a Preferred Provider Plan that has been designed specifically for Albany Law School students and their dependents (spouse, domestic partner, and/or children) and is underwritten by CDPHP. With an emphasis on wellness, the plan is designed to be a lower cost option while still providing coverage for annual routine physicals, well child care and immunizations.
Health Insurance Plan - CDPHP Summary of Plan Benefits and Costs 2013-2014 (policy plan year August 1st - July 31st)
All full-time students will be charged for student only coverage in the Albany Law School -Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan prior to the start of each semester. The charge to the student's account will be removed if an approved waiver is granted.
|Plan Rates 2013-2014*||Fall||Spring/Summer||Annual|
|Student + 1 Dependent||$3,030.00||$3,030.00||$6,060.00|
|Student + 2 or More Dependents||$4,698.00||$4,698.00||$9,396.00|
* Rates include cost of dental plan
For a detailed summary of benefits please click on the following attachments.
The Albany Law School health plan is a PPO plan which allows for benefits when utilizing either in network or out of network providers.
To maximize your benefits you may refer to the following links to locate in network participating providers. For a general provider or facility search within the Capital District area you may access Find-A-Doc at https://findadoc.cdphp.com/. If you do not have you ID number available you will identify your plan type as PPO.
For a list of participating Urgent Care facilities in the Albany area please click on the following attachment.
For a list of participating Hospitals in the Albany area please click on the following attachment.
For a list of participating Laboratories in the Albany area please click on the following attachment.
For a list of participating x-ray/radiology facilities in the Albany area please click on the following attachment.
Please be aware that the above lists represent a portion of the CDPHP network within a 25 mile radius of Albany Law School and other providers are available. The network is subject to change therefore please refer to the CDPHP website or member services to confirm provider participation.
Dental Insurance Plan - The Guardian
Included with your Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance is a dental insurance plan. The Albany Law School - Sponsored Dental plan is a PPO plan underwritten by The Guardian that includes preventative care services including; exams, cleanings and x-rays, paid at 100%. Additional benefits for basic services are also covered including care for fillings and root canals. Although major services are not covered under the dental plan, you will receive substantial PPO discounts from Guardian providers for these services.
For additional information regarding the dental plan please click on the following attachment.
You may locate Preferred Providers by accessing the provider search at guardiananytime.com; select PPO Plan and Dental Guard Preferred for your network.
Vision Discount Plan - Davis Vision
Included with your Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is a vision discount program. The vision discount plan is not insurance but will enable you to receive discounts on vision exams, frames, lenses, contact lenses and more. For additional information regarding the vision plan please click on the following attachments.
You may locate Preferred Providers by accessing provider search online at guardiananytime.com; then click provider online search, then click Find a Vision Provider, and then select Davis Vision.
Maintaining health insurance coverage is mandatory for all full-time Albany Law School students and all students MUST be covered by a domestic health insurance plan. All full-time (enrolled for 9 or more credits) students are required to enroll in the Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan unless an acceptable Waiver is provided in a timely manner. The acceptable coverage to waive the Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is a parent's group plan, a spouse's group plan, a student's own employer group plan, Veterans Benefits, Medicaid or COBRA.
If you have active health insurance with benefits which is equal or better in benefits to the student health plan and meets the criteria below you may apply for waiver of enrollment in the Albany Law School plan. You will need to have your current insurance ID card and information regarding your plan benefits to complete the process. Once you have submitted the required information you will receive an email verifying if your waiver meets the Albany Law School requirements. Waivers will be accepted through August 23rd. Please be aware that the health insurance charge will not be removed from your account until the waiver request is completed and approved. Waiver requests will not be accepted after the final deadline.
Minimum level of coverage acceptable to waive the Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Adequate major medical coverage with an unlimited annual benefit
- Prescription coverage
- A provider network in the Capital District area for specialty, hospital and diagnostic care
- Mental health coverage
- Coverage for the entire academic year, including holidays
- Insurance plans for female students must cover maternity as any other medical condition
Waive Albany Law School Plan: You may submit your waiver request by clicking the "Waiver Process" tab at the top of this page. If you are having difficulty with the online waiver process or prefer to submit your waiver request on paper please complete and submit a waiver form with a copy of the front and back of your health insurance ID card to HSA Consulting Inc. The information may be faxed to 941-925-2001 or sent via email to email@example.com.
All full-time (enrolled for 9 or more credits) students are automatically enrolled in the Albany Law School -Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan annually at registration and the premium charge is added to the student billing. Enrollment and the insurance charge can be waived if proof of other health insurance is provided by submitting an online waiver at the time of registration.
- If you are a full-time (enrolled for 9 or more credits) student in need of benefits right away, a part-time student requesting enrollment or if you would like to enroll your eligible dependents in the Albany Law School-Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan, please click on the Enroll tab at the top of the page and complete the online form. If you are having difficulties with the online process please print and complete the enrollment form and submit it to the Albany Law School Human Resources Office or fax it to HSAC at (941) 925-2001. If you are a full-time student and take no action, you will be automatically enrolled in the Albany Law School health plan student only option.
- Students who lose coverage midterm are required to complete an enrollment form and submit it to the Albany Law School Human Resources Office of fax it to HSAC at (941) 925-2001 within 30 days of the date of loss of prior coverage for enrollment in Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan or submit proof of updated health insurance.
- Students enrolling for coverage in the Albany Law School -Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan may also enroll their eligible dependents. An eligible dependent is a spouse (or domestic partner) and/or any child(ren) under the age of 26. Students must also enroll their dependents for coverage within 30 days of their initial eligibility.
- If a student's dependents have coverage that ends during the academic year, the dependents may be enrolled in the Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan provided the request for enrollment is submitted within 30 days after the other coverage ends.
- Additionally, if a student acquires dependents during the academic year as a result of marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption, they may enroll their new dependents provided the request for enrollment is made within 30 days after the marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption.
For enrollment requests at times other then open enrollment please contact HSAC for assistance at (888) 978-8355.
Continuation of Coverage
- Students enrolled for coverage in the Albany Law School - Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan have the option to continue enrollment for up to 12 months after graduation.
- The continuation of coverage will be at the same benefit level and cost as active students.
For Continuation of Coverage please contact HSAC for assistance at (888) 978-8355 and identify yourself as an Albany Law School graduate.
Questions and Contact Information
The Servicing Administrator for the Albany Law School -Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is HSA Consulting, Inc. (HSAC).
- For questions related to waiver requests, eligibility, enrollment, benefits or claims please contact: HSAC at (888) 978-8355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and identify yourself as an Albany Law School student.
- For specific questions related to waiver denials please contact Lisa Daniels, Human Resources Representative at (518) 472-5852 or e-mail email@example.com.